Jewish Quarter Venice: Tour of the Synagogues, Cultures & Kosherfood
Come with us and discover the treasures of the charming ghetto of Venice. You’ll have the opportunity to taste the kosher specialties of Jewish- Venicians cuisine, one of the richest and the most varied , a true “fusion” cuisine
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
Jewish Quarter of Venice: a unique tour to explore it with guides
Discover the history, the traditions and the gastronomy connected to the Jewish neighborhood and the Jewish culture in Venice. Together with specialized guides, you will have the chance to visit an area of Venice with an atmosphere of past times, rich in historical and symbolical value. The tour includes a kasher tasting: the Jewish-Venetian cuisine is perhaps one of the most varied, thanks to the cosmopolitan influences that have always characterized it.
Jewish quarter of Venice – The tour includes:
- Guided group visit to three Synagogues, the spiritual and artistic heart of the Ghetto.
- Guided Visit the Ghetto Vecchio with private guide, Novo and Novissimo to retrace its historical phases and find out what life was like in the Ghetto in the past.
- A convivial moment with a “Welcome L’chaim”, the Jewish toast which means “To life!”, with a aperitif and kosher products and explanations on the gastronomy and the Jewish-Venetian cuisine.
Please note that the Jewish Museum and synagogues are closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. Tours to the synagogues start every hour from 10.30 am.
We recommend to begin the tour at 10.30 in order to have the lchain degustation as light lunch at around 12.30 pm.
- Child Friendly
- Tour with tasting menù: 75,00 EUR/person
- Children from 6 to 13 y.o.: 30,00 EUR/person
- Children from 3 to 5 y.o.: 18,00 EUR/person
- Infant uo to 2 y.o.: FREE
Minimum persons: 4 adults
Dedicated tariffs are available for groups: contact us!
Around 2h /2h30m with tasting
on request - except saturday (shabbat)
Included / Excluded
Access to Jewish museum and guided visit to three Synagogues.
Guided private visit of the Jewish Ghetto.
kosher degustation (light lunch)
Anything not mentioned in the included section
For cancellations up to 24 hours before the tour a fee of 20 % of the price is retained.
There will be no refund in case of cancellation in the last 24 hours and in case of NO SHOW, i.e. not attending the experience at the time and place agreed for the experience to be carried out.
Other practical information
– The tour starts with min. 4 people.
– The meeting point is inside the Jewish Museum, in Campo del Gheto Novo. Please be there 10 minutes before departure: the visit of the synagogues starts at minute 30, so be on time! Show your voucher at the ticket stand, receive your ticket for the museum, and then meet your guide in the waiting room on the right side of the entrance.
– Because of the presence of many stairs, unfortunatly the tour cannot be reccommended to people with limited mobility.
Meeting Point EN
Do you want to know more or check availability?