Redentore Venice 2023: dinner cruise and fireworks!
Experience the fireworks of Venice in this incredible Venetian celebration: the Redentore Festival! Enjoy the magnificent spectacle of Venice’s fireworks over the lagoon on board an elegant cruise while enjoying a seafood menu of typical Venetian dishes! The Feast of the Redeemer has been held on the third Sunday in July for five centuries to commemorate the end of a terrible plague epidemic.
The best way to enjoy the spectacular fireworks over St Mark’s basin is by boat, as all Venetians do! Book your front row seat right now!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- Experiencing Venice’s Festa del Redentore from a boat is truly a unique experience!
You can enjoy not only the fireworks display but also a lagoon cruise and a fish dinner.
A very convenient embarkation point: Marittima di Venezia.
185€ per Person.
Other practical information
- Departure from Marittima di Venezia with guest reception between 5.30 and 6.00 p.m. – return at approximately 1.00 a.m.
- It is recommended to arrive at the embarkation point on time.
- The event will take place on a double-decker motorship with a panoramic terrace.
- A welcome drink will be served on the panoramic terrace.
- Dinner will be served in the air-conditioned lounge . Tables will seat 6 or 8 people each.
- You will be able to watch the fires from the panoramic terrace.
- Animals are not allowed.
- Carriage of luggage other than small luggage such as hand bags is not permitted.
- Seats on board will be reserved and arranged in the order of confirmation.
- No liability is accepted for personal items left on board during stops.
- The menu for the evening is fish.
- Any allergies and intolerances should be reported at the time of booking in order to arrange an alternative.
Included / Excluded
- Motorboat cruise
- Dinner on the boat
- On-board guide and musical entertainment
- anything not indicated under ‘included’.
- In the event of cancellation of the experience by the customer, the following penalties will apply: 70% if cancellation is made up to 60 days before departure; full excursion fee after this deadline or in the event of no-show. Any reason for cancellation (including inability to travel to the country/area of origin) cannot be recognised. We therefore recommend the issue of a private insurance policy to be paid by the customer.
- In the event of the boat not departing, due to technical reasons such as breakdowns, particular hydrometric conditions of the rivers or otherwise force majeure beyond our control, the organising company has the right to revoke the current bookings by postponing them to a date to be mutually agreed upon or refunding the cost of the excursion previously paid for.
- In the event of cancellation of the event due to COVID, the ticket will be 90% refunded, postponed to the following year or converted into a voucher.
- At the unquestionable discretion of the Captain, the chosen routes may be subject to variations imposed by particular environmental conditions or situations occurring during navigation.
- In the event of bad weather or any other situation beyond the organisers’ control, the evening will never be cancelled, except in the event of very adverse weather conditions, which will be indisputably assessed by the Captain on board. If the weather conditions do not allow the regular running of the evening, the Municipality of Venice (organiser of the Fireworks Show) may postpone the starting time of the performance, before announcing the possible cancellation of the show. In the event of the show being cancelled after the departure of the motor vessels, any right to reimbursement of the ticket will be forfeited. In the event of cancellation of the fireworks display due to any reason beyond our control, the event will still take place on board with navigation and dinner, and passengers will be entitled to a refund of 15% of the purchased ticket.
Saturday July 15th 2023
about 7 hours
- Child Friendly
- Accessible with public transport
The Festa del Redentore is the most spectacular and authentic event of the city that attracts thousands and thousands of people in town. This celebration happens every year on the third Saturday of July and it is worthless to visit Venice during this occasion. It happens in the area of Zattere the third Sunday of July and is the favorite party of the Venetians.
The day has two dimensions, the religious and the spectacular, and is a full day full of activities! The festival of the Redeemer begins with a solemn church dedicated function and ends with a spectacular fireworks show in the Giudecca canal. This is the famous, phantasmagorical night-time firework display that lights up the night over the San Marco basin.
Feast of the Redeemer Venice
On Saturday, the eve of the festival, fireworks are let off. Preparations begin early in the morning when people begin to decorate their boats, or the small wooden terraces on rooftops from where they can admire the fireworks. At sunset (6.00 pm), Saint Mark’s basin begins to fill with up with boats of all kinds, festooned with balloons and garlands, and thousands of Venetians await the fireworks while dining on the boats.
At around 11.30 pm, from pontoons placed nearby on the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, the Venice fireworks begin and Saint Mark’s basin becomes one of the most atmospheric stages in the world. The fireworks last for around 45 to 60 minutes, illuminating the night and amazing both Venetians and visitors.
Venice festival “Redentore”: on a boat like a Venetian!
On 15th July 2023, Vivovenetia offers you a night on a boat with a panoramic view over the entire evening and a delicious dinner on board!
We will sail in the Venetian Lagoon, skirting the islands of San Clemente, San Servolo, San Lazzaro degli Armeni, Lido, the watery mirror of St. Mark’s Basin, the Arsenal, and then return to the vicinity of St. Mark’s Basin to watch the fireworks display.
We will dine in the air-conditioned lounge cheered by the magic of the Redentore night and admire the world-famous fireworks display from the panoramic terrace.
Redeemer Festival Venice: program and menu
The embarkation point for this cruise is at the Marittima di Venezia.
Reception on board is scheduled between 5.30 pm and 6 pm and return to the departure point at approximately 1 am.
While awaiting departure, we will enjoy a welcome aperitif on board on the panoramic terrace.
Seafood Menu for the Redentore night
Aperitifs: Fruit Bellinis, Prosecco, soft drinks, savouries, Ascolane olives, battered vegetables, savouries, mini-pizzas , canapés and various appetisers;
Starter: Anchovies, Sarde in Saor alla Veneziana (Sardines) and Carpaccio of Swordfish with orange sauce;
First course: Seafood Lasagna;
Main Course: Mixed fried fresh fish from the lagoon and golden squid;
Side dish: Seasonal fresh vegetables;
Wines: Prosecco of Veneto; Water: Natural and sparkling;
Dessert: Fruit, Venetian Sweets, Coffee and Liqueurs.
Redentore Venice 2023 on a cruise: the motorboat and services on board
The motorboat has two toilets (men’s and women’s) and a restaurant on board with its own kitchen where dishes will be prepared; dishes will be served at the table by the service staff.
Dinner is served in the air-conditioned lounge; tables are for 6 and 8 people each.
Festa del Redentore Venice: history
The ‘Redeemer’ (as it is referred to by the Venetians), was started in the sixteenth century as a result of a vote the Venetian Senate (doge Alvise Mocenigo) made in thanks for the city being saved from a terrible plague. This event commemorated the end of the plague and the Venetians commissioned Andrea Palladio to construct the Church of the Redentore.
Celebrated for the first time in 1577, it is considered one of the most respected traditions, both for religious reasons and as an occasion for popular celebration. The island of Giudecca has preserved these celebrations for almost five centuries with the pilgrimage to the Redentore church.
The date of the Feast of the Redeemer is always the third weekend in July. This very special fireworks display attracting thousands of visitors from all over the world is not just a religious event, but a big party too! The Redeemer Festival in Venice is known for the incredible fireworks spectacle that is provided for venetians and visitors alike in the evening.
The stage of the St Mark basin comes to life! A votive temporary bridge of barges, built to connect the Zattere with the church, allows the faithful to go on pilgrimage. Venetian people decorate their boats and participate actively at the festival.
Festival Redentore Venice: online booking
If you want to make sure that you are among the lucky ones who will witness the amazing fireworks display from a boat in St Mark’s Basin, we recommend you hurry up and book your place. Make your online reservation for the Redentore in a few simple steps and then relax … the countdown to the Redentore begins and you will have your place in the front row.
If you are looking for a redentore party to have fun and dance all night, look at our offer fest of the redeemer venice: boat party.
For more information on the redeemer fest, look at our post redentore 2023.