Venice lagoon cruise, discover the Origins of Venice
Learn about the story of Venice with this one-day excursion! Visit the National Archaeological Museum of Altino and enjoy a boat tour in the Venetian lagoon. Explore Venice another way…
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
This boat trip centered on the origins of Venice is really special. With an archaeological focus, the excursion also has a great naturalistic value because you navigate the lagoon in a bragozzo (typical boat), the only means authorized to navigate in this ecologically protected part of the lagoon.
- Lagoon cruise “Venice Origins” : full 21 €
- Lagoon cruise “Venice Origins” : reduced 7 €
- Bus excursion from Jesolo Lagoon cruise “Venice Origins” : full 29 €
- Bus excursion from Jesolo Lagoon cruise “Venice Origins” : reduced 15 €
Reduced price from 2 to 10 years old. Free under 2 years old.
- Addition supplement per person to visit San Francesco Island: 5 €
Other practical information
The excursion is confirmed with min. 4 people.
The National Archaeological Museum has a free car park.
Choose all the activities you would like to include in your program: every required information will appear on the voucher!
The visit of the island San Francesco del Deserto is in Italian.
Accessible for standard size wheelchair.
Included / Excluded
Entrance for the Museum of Altino
Boat trip Altino-Torcello-Burano and way back
Optional services: Bus transfer from Lido di Jesolo Bus Station (Via Equilio 15)
Visit to San Francesco del Deserto island
80% refund for cancellations up to 48 hours before departure.
50% refund for cancellations between 48 to 24 hours before departure.
No refund for later cancellations and NO SHOW.
To get on the coach, all users must have their purchase coupon to be checked by VivoVenetia staff, either as a paper copy or on their smartphone. A valid ID document can be requested upon boarding.
Infants under 2 years old will travel at no cost, on their parent’s lap.
Dog friendly: Small dogs are allowed in all tours (must be in a pet carrier or cage while on the coach).
VivoVenetia has the right to cancel scheduled tours in case of exceptional conditions such as extreme weather forecast, safety reasons, etc.
In case of cancellation, users will be advised by email. VivoVenetia cannot be held responsible for incorrect or missing contact information under no circumstances. In case of tour cancellation by VivoVenetia, users will be proposed another tour or a 100% refund.
Users must show up on time for departure.
Departure schedules may vary due to traffic or unexpected events.
Any rate, schedule, itinerary posted in this program may be modified without prior notice.
From 21/05 to 21/09: trom tuesday to saturday
Experience a day in the lagoon of Venice between nature and archaeology thanks to a sightseeing Venice experience from the water. Follow the tracks of the very first Venetians, going back to the first century B.C. in Altino, strategic Roman city. St Mark Square, grand canal, gondola ride, piazza san marco, doge palace are common about Venice. Why not discovering a completely new world? Do you know the origins of Venice? Thanks to our full day tour, you will enter in the green area of the lagoon, where only traditional bots like the bragozzo can enter. an ecological and cultural trip, definitely different from all the offer venice island tour you have seen !
Venice lagoon cruise: Embark for an astonishing trip!
Learn how Venetians settled on the islands of the lagoon, especially in Torcello, the second stop of our trip! This venice lagoon cruise is the best way to enjoy the surroundings. Then, it is up to you to choose, whether you would like to visit the colourful Burano island or take the chance to plunge in the splendid island of San Francesco del Deserto, place of meditation and haven of peace.
You can either choose to reach Altino by yourself or enjoy our bus service from Jesolo that will drop you off at the museum!
Here the program of our Origins of Venice lagoon cruise :
- 9.05 – 09.30: (optional) transfer with the bus from Lido di Jesolo Bus Station to the Museum of Altino, platform 5A.
- 09.30-11.30: free visit of the National Archaeological Museum. For those arriving by their own means in Altino, we recommend arriving between 09.30 and 11.30, depending on the time you want to spend visiting the museum. You can also decide to visit the museum at the end of the day. The important thing is to be punctual for boarding for the islands tour.
- 11.30-12.15: navigation from Altino to Torcello
- 12.15-14.00: free time on Torcello with lunch time
- 14.00-16.10: navigation from Torcello to Burano (5 minutes only). Free visit of Burano island or optional excursion at San Francesco del Deserto from 14.30 to 16.08.
- 16.10-17.20: navigation from Burano to Altino
- 17.20-18.00: free time to visit the Museum or reach the Museum’s terrace to enjoy the view on the lagoon, or taste an aperitif few steps away from there!
- 18.00-18.30: (optional) transfer with the bus from Altino to Lido di Jesolo
Venice origins boat tour
The true origins of Venice date back to March 25th 421 and are located in the Venetian mainland in the city of Altino. This Roman city owes its fortune to the Venice Lagoon, which allowed it to shine in the wool trade, in the fishing of baskets and in the breeding of dairy cows. Venice and Altino in a certain way were really similar. The city of Altino was quite big at the Roman time because archaeological excavations have revealed the existence of a theater and an amphitheater (same size as Veronas’s arena). With the arrival of the Huns and Attila, the inhabitants and populations of the mainland were forced to flee. What better place to hide than the lagoon islands? The inhabitants of Altino hid first in Torcello, and slowly rebuilt their lives, their palaces in other islands of the Venetian lagoon, creating what will be one of the first republics of Europe: The Republic of Venice.
Embark with us to discover much more !
If you have any other questions about this experience, feel free to ask!
You can consult our other boat trips: