Brenta River Cruise: Enjoy Venetian villas on a River Cruise!
Experience an enchanting cruise on the river Brenta, plunged in the landscape of the Venetian Villas between Venice and Padua. Art, history, nature intertwine along the path of the ancient Venetian burchiello.
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Brenta river
- You can admire some of the most beautiful villas in Venetia
- Spend a pleasant day between art, nature and beauty
Prices per person
- Full day cruise: 129€
- Reduced 6-17 y.o.: 59 €
- Half day cruise Venice – Oriago: 69€
- Reduced 6-17 y.o.: 49€
- Half day cruise Padua – Oriago: 79€.
- Reduced 6-17 y.o.: 59€
- Free for kids 0-5 y.o.
Lunch – Tiepolo fish Menu: € 25.00
Lunch – Tiepolo meat Menu: € 25.00
Lunch – Tiepolo vegetarian menu: € 25.00
Lunch – Casanova fish menu: € 29.00
Baggage onboard (max size is: 75 x 50 x 30 cm) 20€
Other practical information
Comfortable covered boats, equipped with air conditioning and toilets.
The activity is not subject to weather conditions but extreme ones.
Included / Excluded
- Boat cruise
- Guide onboard and inside the Villas
- Entrance to the Villas
- Lunch (if booked)
- Lunch, if not selected
- return transportation
The Organizer reserves the right to modify or cancel the trip in case technical problems or force majeure. This entitles the customer to be reimbursed only of the sum paid for the service.
Individual seats are not numbered and cannot be reserved.
In case of sudden closure of a villa, a different villa can be visited alternatively. In case of interruption of the itinerary due to disasters or due to the provision of the competent authorities, the booked service may be completed by a coach service provided the Organizer, without any right to reimbursement. In case of interruption of navigation in the Padova – Stra section due to emergencies and / or provisions of the competent authorities, the booked service will start or end in Stra without any refund rights. In March and from mid-October, the afternoon visit of Villa Widmann will not be carried out for technical reasons and the price will remain unchanged.
Entrance to the Villas is a service offered by our organization as complimentary and therefore any variations in the cost of entry to the Villas do not give title to requests of surcharges or reimbursement, as well as failure to visit a villa due to technical reasons or force majeure does not give right to a refund.
it i possible to transport only small animals kept in a carrier. Baggage is permitted within the specified measures; for other kind of baggage, please contact us before booking. ; to take phographs inside the Villas is not permitted. The organizer is not responsible for personal items left on board during stops.
In case of cancellation of the journey of individual customers, the following penalties will be applied:
• 50% penalty if cancellation occurs up to 5 days before the trip;
• 90% penalty if cancellation occurs within the day before departure;
• No reimbursement in case of later cancellation and in case of no-show.
In case of cancellation of the trip by members of a booked group, the following penalties will be applied:
• for changes up to 10% of the booked services, no penalty if communicated at least 5 days before;
• for major changes a penalty of 50% if the cancellation occurs up to 5 days before the departure of the trip;
• entire travel quota after this deadline or in case of no-show.
From march to November
Half or full-day
- Child Friendly
- Accessible with public transport
The Villas of the Brenta canal in the Veneto region are well worth a day visit, either you are staying in Venice or in Padua, or along the Venice Riviera itself. One of the best ways to see them is with a Brenta river cruise, one of many great things to do in Venice.
Brenta canals tours in Italy
The Riviera del Brenta offers one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world, where water, sky, nature and architecture create a harmonious balance of rare beauty. With this river cruise of the Venetian villas you’ll be able to visit three of the most famous villas, Villa Foscari in Malcontenta, Villa Widmann in Mira and the famous Villa Pisani in Stra, whose frescoes and gardens will enchant you. During the day and for the visits you will be accompanied by a friendly guide.
Your cruise can start in Padua during the weekend for this 2024 season. Mid-day cruises are possible as well!
River boat cruise from Padua to Venice (every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
If you are staying in Venice, do not worry. You can easily take a train in the morning (around 7 am) in order to be on time for departure in Padova. The departure is not far away from the strain station (20 minutes walking or 5 minutes by taxi). The program is the following:
- 07.50 a.m.: boarding in Padua from the pier by the 16th-century Burchiello Staircase at Portello, the city’s ancient river port, and sailing to Venice.
- 09.20 a.m.: arrival in Stra and visit the frescoed interior rooms of Villa Pisani, an imposing Villa surrounded by a monumental Park, one of the most beautiful in Italy with its long pool and grand Stables;
- Crossing Dolo and its lock
- Guided tour of the interior of Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana;
- Lunch from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the “Burchiello” restaurant in Oriago.
- 2:15 p.m.: embarkation at Oriago di Mira (for half-day cruises).
- Guided tour of Villa Malcontenta and cruise to Venice
- 5:30 p.m.: arrival in Venice, Riva degli Schiavoni – San Zaccaria pier A.
Cruise from Venice to Padua (every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
- 8.50 a.m.: meeting with the guide in Venice in Riva degli Schiavoni, at ACTV “Pietà” stop, in front of the Pietà Church and Metropole Hotel.
- 9.00 a.m. : boarding in Venice and sail towards the Brenta Riviera. Explanations about the villas that are visible along the way.
- 10.30 a.m. : stop in Malcontenta and welcome to those who embark from here. Guided tour of Villa Foscari called “La Malcontenta”, then depart.
- Continuing navigation, the guide will recount territory, including villas, riparian villages, and characteristic swing bridges.
- Stop for lunch for about 1 hour in Oriago di Mira at the restaurant “Il Burchiello”. Special menus can be booked together with the cruise; lunch can be free as well.
- 1:15 pm Departure from Oriago and navigation to Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana di Mira, with guided tour of the interiors
- Arrival in Stra, guided tour of the interiors of the Villa Pisani Reale and its park, with its impressive swimming pool, grand Stables and elegant 18th-century Coffee House.
- 5:30 p.m.: embarkation and navigation; crossing of the Stra Locks and the Noventa Padovana Locks with ascent of water gradient
- Navigation along the original river route of the ancient Venetian burchielli passing in front of the evocative and superb Villa Giovanelli in Noventa Padovana; navigation to Padua with arrival at the historic 16th-century Scalinata del Burchiello at Portello, an ancient river port in the historic center of Padua
- Around 7 p.m.: arrival in Padua and end of cruise.
Where to embark: You can embark in Venice or in Malcontenta; in this latter case the appointment is at 10.30 a.m. at the gate of Villa Foscari Malcontenta; here the guide will wait for you for a guided tour of the Villa.
Half-day brenta cruise options
You can take a half-day tour of the Venetian villas, by opting for one of the following routes:
- Venice – Oriago di Mira: includes a visit to Villa Foscari called La Malcontenta and ends at 12.15 in Oriago di Mira.
- Oriago di Mira – Padua: scheduled for 13.15 from Oriago di Mira and includes a visit to Villa Widmann (or Villa Barchessa Valmarana of Mira) and Villa Pisani in Stra.
- Padua – Oriago di Mira: includes a visit to Villa Pisani and Villa Widmann (or Villa Barchessa Valmarana of Mira) and ends at 13.15 in Oriago di Mira.
- Oriago di Mira – Venice: expected to depart at 14.15 from Oriago di Mira and includes a visit to Villa Foscari called “La Malcontenta”.
Venetian villas of the Brenta canal – Return with public transport:
To return to Padua or Venice we recommend regional trains, the fastest takes about 27 minutes. Oriago di Mira is served by bus line ACTV 53E line, that connects Padua to Venice and is very convenient for the return in both directions. Solutions for private transfers are available on request. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Lunch cruise in restaurant (not on board)
You can book a great lunch menu at our partner restaurant on the Riviera.
Here are the available menus:
- Tiepolo fish menu € 25.00
seasonal veggies salad; trio of Venetian cicchetti: sarda in saor (typical fried sardine with onion, pine nuts and raisins), sepe col nero (typical Venetian cuttlefish served on white polenta), baccalà mantecato (traditional cream based codfish emulsified with oil, accompanied by polenta); linguine allo scoglio (seafood pasta); fresh fruit salad with ice cream; 1/4 wine; 1/2 mineral water
- Tiepolo meat menu € 25.00
seasonal veggies salad; bresaola, arugula and grana cheese appetizer; tagliatelle speck and zucchini; fresh fruit salad with ice cream; 1/4 wine; 1/2 mineral water.
- Vegetarian Tiepolo menu € 25.00
seasonal veggies salad; bruschetta with fresh tomato and basil; linguine with zucchini and cherry tomatoes; fresh fruit salad with ice cream; 1/4 wine; 1/2 mineral water.
- Casanova fish menu € 29.00
seasonal veggies salad; trio of Venetian cicchetti: sarda in saor (typical fried sardine with onion, pine nuts and raisins), sepe col nero (typical Venetian cuttlefish in black sauce accompanied by polenta), baccalà mantecato (traditional cream made from codfish emulsified with oil, accompanied by polenta); mixed grill of salmon, gilthead bream fillet and king prawn; fresh fruit salad with ice cream; 1/4 wine; 1/2 mineral water.