Brenta river cruise: enjoy Palladian villas on a river cruise!
Experience an enchanting cruise on the river Brenta, plunged in the landscape of the Venetian Villas between Venice and Padua. Art, history, nature intertwine along the path of the ancient Venetian burchiello.
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
The Palladian Villas of the Brenta canal in the Veneto region are well worth a day visit, either you are staying in Venice or in Padua, or along the Venice Riviera itself.One of the best ways to see them is with a Brenta river cruise, one of many great things to do in venice.
The Riviera del Brenta offers one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world, where water, sky, nature and architecture create a harmonious balance of rare beauty. With this river cruise of the Venetian villas you’ll be able to visit three of the most famous villas, Villa Foscari in Malcontenta, Villa Widmann in Mira and the famous Villa Pisani in Stra, whose frescoes and gardens will enchant you. During the day and for the visits you will be accompanied by a friendly guide.
Your cruise can start in Venice, or Padua every other day. Mid-day cruises are possible as well!
Cruise from Venice to Padua (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday):
- 8.50 am: meeting w the guide in Venice in Riva degli Schiavoni, at ACTV“Pietà” stop, in front of the Pietà Church and Metropole Hotel.
- 9.00: boarding and sail towards the Brenta Riviera. Explanations about the villas that are visible along the way.
- 10.30: stop in Malcontenta and guided tour of Villa Foscari called “La Malcontenta”
- Navigation on the Brenta river among charming riparian villages, always with explanations from the guide.
- Stop for lunch for about 1 hour in Oriago di Mira at the restaurant “Il Burchiello”. Special menus can be booked together with the cruise; lunch can be free as well.
- Boarding and navigation to Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana of Mira, with guided tour.
- Arrival in Stra and guided tour of stunning Villa Pisani Reale.
- 17.30: the trip continues along the historical itinerary of the ancient Venetian “burchielli”; arrival in Padua at Portello, an ancient river port in the historic center of Padua, that has the original 16th century staircase of the Burchiello.
Where to embark: You can embark in Venice or in Malcontenta; in this latter case the appointment is at 10.30 at the gate of Villa Foscari Malcontenta; here the guide will wait for you for a guided tour of the Villa.
Cruise from Padua to Venice (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday):
The program is the same as the one stated, with a reversed order for the visits. The schedule varies as follows:
- 08.00: boarding in Padua from the pier from the Portello pier
- 5.30 pm: arrival In Venice in Riva degli Schiavoni – “Pietà” stop.
Half-day cruise options:
You can take a half-day tour of the Venetian villas, by opting for one of the following routes:
- Venice – Oriago di Mira: includes a visit to Villa Foscari called La Malcontenta and ends at 12.15 in oriago di Mira.
- Oriago di Mira – Padua: scheduled for 13.15 from Oriago di Mira and includes a visit to Villa Widmann (or Villa Barchessa Valmarana of Mira) and Villa Pisani in Stra.
- Padua – Oriago di Mira: includes a visit to Villa Pisani and Villa Widmann (or Villa Barchessa Valmarana of Mira) and ends at 13.15 in oriago di Mira.
- Oriago di Mira – Venice: expected to depart at 14.15 from Oriago di Mira and includes a visit to Villa Foscari called La Malcontenta.
Palladian villas of the Brenta canal – Return with public transport:
To return to Padua or Venice we recommend regional trains, the fastest takes about 27 minutes. Oriago di Mira is served by bus line ACTV 53E line, that connects Padua to Venice and is very convenient for the return in both directions. Solutions for private transfers are available on request. Don’t hesitate to contact us!
… we didn’t talk about lunch!
You can organize your lunch independently, or book a great lunch menu at our partner restaurant on the Riviera. Here are the available menus:
Goldoni fish menu € 29.00
Appetizer of smoked fish carpaccio with croutons; linguine with seafood; mixed grilled fish (salmon, sea bream royal shrimp); seasonal vegetable side dish; fresh fruit salad with ice cream; 1/4 of wine, 1/2 mineral water.
Goldoni meat menu € 29.00
Appetizer of bresaola, rocket salad and parmesan; tagliatelle with speck and courgettes; cut of beef with rosemary; seasonal vegetable side dish; fresh fruit salad with ice cream;
1/4 of wine, 1/2 mineral water.
Vegetarian Goldoni menu € 29.00
Antipasto of mixed cheese with jam; tagliolini with courgettes and cherry tomatoes; omelette; side dish of grilled vegetables; fresh fruit salad with ice cream;
1/4 of wine, 1/2 mineral water.
Casanova fish menu € 22.00
Appetizer of smoked fish carpaccio with croutons; mixed fried fish with polenta (corn cream); seasonal vegetable side dish; fresh fruit salad with ice cream; 1/4 of wine, 1/2 mineral water.
- Child Friendly
- Indoor Experience
Prices are per person
Full day cruise: 109 Euro. Reduced 6-17 y.o.: 55 Euro
Half day cruise Venice – Oriago: 60 Euro. Reduced 6-17 y.o.: 45 Euro
Half day cruise Padua – Oriago: 70 Euro. Reduced 6-17 y.o.: 55 Euro
Free for kids 0-5 y.o.
Baggage onboard (max size is: 75 x 50 x 30 cm) 20 E
Lunch – Goldoni fish Menu: € 30.00
Lunch – Goldoni meat Menu: € 30.00
Lunch – Goldoni vegetarian menu: € 30.00
Lunch – Casanova fish menu: € 23.00
Half or full-day
March to beginning November
Included / Excluded
Guide onboard and inside the Villas
Entrance to the Villas
Lunch (if booked)
The Organizer reserves the right to modify or cancel the trip in case tecniacl problems or force majeure. This entitles the customer to be reimbursed only of the sum paid for the service.
Individual seats are not numbered and cannot be reserved.
In case of sudden closure of a villa, a different villa can be visited alternatively. In case of interruption ofthe itinerary due to disasters or due to the provision of the competent authorities, the booked service may be completed by a coach service provided the Organizer, without any right to reimbursement. In case of interruption of navigation in the Padova – Stra section due to emergencies and / or provisions of the competent authorities, the booked service will start or end in Stra without any refund rights. In March and from mid-October, the afternoon visit of Villa Widmann will not be carried out for technical reasons and the price will remain unchanged.
Entrance to the Villasis a service offered by our organization as complimentary and therefore any variations in the cost of entry to the Villas do not give title to requests of surcharges or reimbursement, as well as failure to visit a villa due to technical reasons or force majeure does not give right to a refund.
it i possible to transport only small animals kept in a carrier. Baggage is permitted within the specified measures; for other kind of baggage, please contact us before booking. ; to take phographs inside the Villas is not permitted. The organizer is not responsible for personal items left on board during stops.
In case of cancellation of the journey of individual customers, the following penalties will be applied:
• 50% penalty if cancellation occurs up to 5 days before the trip;
• 90% penalty if cancellation occurs within the day before departure;
• No reimbursement in case of later cancellationa and in case of no-show.
In case of cancellation of the trip by members of a booked group, the following penalties will be applied:
• for changes up to 10% of the booked services, no penalty if communicated at least 5 days before;
• for major changes a penalty of 50% if the cancellation occurs up to 5 days before the departure of the trip;
• entire travel quota after this deadline or in case of no-show.
Other practical information
Comfortable covered boats, equipped with air conditioning and toilets.
The activity is not subject to weather conditions but extreme ones.
Meeting Point EN
Contact & Booking
Give this experience
Do you want to know more or check availability?