Galleon dinner cruise in Venice: a romantic experience!
An evening and a night to dream! Relive the atmosphere of the past by embarking on board an iconic Venetian Galleon. You will travel among the islands of the lagoon and along the historic canals of Venice. All while enjoying a delicious candlelit seafood dinner on board!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- It’s an evening to pinch yourself. You sail among the islands of the Venetian lagoon, aboard a Venetian galleon, breathing in ancient atmospheres.
- You enjoy a dinner where you savour local aromas and flavours, fresh and seasonal, celebrated in elaborate and accurate dishes.
- Experience a grand finale: St Mark’s and its palaces seen from the water at night under the starlight!
- adults: 130 € per person
- children (0-12): 70 € per person
Stern and Bow
- adults: 110 € per person
- children (0-12): 60 € per person
Lunch experience: you can check availability and rates directly on the booking form by clicking on the ‘Booking’ button.
Other practical information
- When booking, you must choose the position of your table: on the centre deck, at the bow or at the stern;
- the boat is also accessible to people with disabilities;
- during the winter period, the boat is equipped with a covering structure and heating system;
- during the summer period, it is equipped with a cover in case of rain;
- the evening is also held in the event of bad weather;
- please be present at the embarkation point 10 minutes beforehand as it is not possible to embark after the agreed time;
- embarkation and disembarkation from Punta Sabbioni in Cavallino can be organised upon request;
- In the unquestionable judgement of the Captain, the programme may be subject to change due to particular conditions (environmental, technical or other factors);
- Passengers embarked on the Galleon are covered by third party liability insurance;
- allergies and intolerances must be communicated at least 48 hours in advance.
Included / Excluded
- excursion to the Venetian lagoon;
- aperitif with Prosecco DOC extra dry;
- 5-course menu and bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay;
- anything not indicated under “Included”;
- in particular extras not indicated as included, bitters and spirits, and wines from labels not indicated on the menu.
Dinner is guaranteed when there are at least 8 participants.
Up to 72 hours before the start of the experience:
- free cancellation
- possibility of date change
There are no refunds following:
- cancellation by the customer within 72 hours before the start of the experience
- non-participation of the customer in the experience due to delay
- inability to start or continue sailing, after guest embarkation and/or after the start of the event, due to technical reasons such as:
- particular weather conditions
- closure of ports (following orders by the competent authorities and/or due to force majeure beyond the control of the Master and the organisers).
The company will proceed with the reimbursement of the fee or will offer the client the possibility of postponing the booking to a date to be determined for cancellations of the experience made by the organisers due to
- special weather conditions;
- port closures (following orders of the competent authorities and/or due to force majeure beyond the control of the Master and the organisers).
Gift Voucher Conditions
- is non-refundable;
- it cannot be used for dates not available on the calendar at the time the voucher is purchased;
- it must be previously validated by choosing an available date.
Wednesday, Friday and Saturday plus any other dates in the calendar
- Accessible to persons with reduced mobility
- Accessible with public transport
Would you like to sail in the evening in the Venice lagoon, among its islands and in front of St Mark’s basin, on a historic Venetian galleon, enjoying a delicious candlelit dinner together with your better half?
This dreamlike atmosphere can come true. You can embark in front of the Naval Museum on a Galeone di Venezia, the iconic vessel of the Serenissima queen of the seas.
You will travel north towards the islands of the Venetian lagoon and enjoy the evening breeze and the beautiful play of light and shadow that these places offer. The profiles of the islands of Sant’Erasmo, San Francesco del Deserto, Burano, Torcello, Mazzorbo and Murano will be the backdrop for an unforgettable evening.
The return to Venice takes place following the profile of the Arsenale and then entering the Giudecca Canal; it is a magical moment, time suspended in the lights and shadows of a thousand-year-old city. The Galleon will slowly enter the Saint Mark’s basin.
The grand finale is a true apotheosis for the eyes and the spirit!
Pinch yourself! You are on board a Venetian Galleon and in front of you there is St Mark’s Square with its palaces reflecting their image and lights on the water.
Venice Galleon dinner cruise
In addition to filling your eyes and making your spirit soar along the canals and islands of the lagoon, this excursion aboard the Venetian Galleon will allow you to enjoy a delicious romantic dinner on board a boat with the best local and seasonal products, expertly prepared by the chef to enhance the flavours and transmit the scents of the lagoon to your palate.
Before dinner begins, an aperitif with Prosecco DOC extra dry awaits you. The menu counts with 5 courses and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay; the proposals follow the seasonality and therefore change with the rhythm of the four seasons; as an alternative to the fish menu there is a meat proposal, a vegetarian one and one for children. All dishes are elaborate and very carefully prepared.
The soft candlelight and background music create the right atmosphere for an emotion to be experienced every moment of this journey.
Lunch on board the Venetian Galleon
You can also set sail on board the Venetian Galleon for a wonderful day excursion that includes lunch. You will sail through the lagoon enjoying the chef’s delicacies and admiring the islands of the lagoon and Venice in daylight. The excursion lasts approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes and the departure is at 12.30 p.m. (you can check availability and rates directly on the booking form by clicking on the ‘Booking’ button).
Venetian lagoon tour and Galleon dinner: how to organise at best your dinner on board
During the summer there is a cover that allows you to shelter from the rain, while in the winter an environment is created from which you can admire the view and at the same time enjoy a pleasant temperature and the warmth of the wood.
Embarkation point is in front of the Naval Museum – Museo Navale – (the nearest ACTV vaporetto stop is the Arsenale); please be there 10 minutes in advance with your voucher in electronic format (on your smartphone) before departure so as not to miss the tour.
The embarkation point is also the disembarkation point. On request, the embarkation point can also be arranged at Punta Sabbioni di Cavallino, a short distance from Jesolo, which is especially useful in summer for those staying in coastal resorts.
The” Galeone di Venezia” is accessible to disabled persons.
When booking, it is important to choose the area of the galleon in which to reserve your table. There is the Central deck that offers a magnificent and wide view and then there are some tables at the stern areas where the view of the outside is partial – by small windows – and at the bow where it is absent.
The tour begins with a welcome drink. During dinner you will be followed by an attentive but always discreet staff. The chef’s main proposals are mainly fish. There is, however, also a meat menu, a vegetarian menu and a children’s menu. And since the raw materials are fresh and seasonal, each menu changes every season.
If your mouth is already watering, download the various menus of the Galeone Veneziano in pdf format.
If you prefer the day excursion, you can download a pdf of the lunch menu here:
It is important to point out in advance, when booking, your allergy or intolerance to any food so that the necessary changes can be made.
Enjoy your cruise and have a good dinner!
Here is a useful link if you want to learn more about the Venetian Galleon and other historical vessels of the Venetian Republic.