Venetian Rowing Course : Brenta River tours in Gondola
Glide gently along the waters of the Naviglio del Brenta in the “Riviera del Brenta” and test yourself with a Venetian Rowing course in gondola. Admire from a traditional boat, in the manner of yesteryear, the historical and natural heritage that surrounds you.
Accompanied in safety by an instructor, learn the techniques the gondolier uses daily to cross this unique canal. The emotions you can experience on board these historic boats are unique.
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- You learn to row like a gondolier, using an ancient and fascinating technique, on board extraordinary boats admired all over the world.
- You sail along the enchanting Naviglio del Brenta, gliding gently through riverside villages and past splendid Venetian villas built by the nobility of the Serenissima.
- You relax and have fun in safety with knowledgeable and friendly instructors!
Tour on gondola and Venetian Rowing Course
- € 120 per service – up to 4 people in addition to the gondolier can board the gondola
Tour for private event with gondola set up with the traditional ‘parecio
- € 200 per service – up to 4 people in addition to the gondolier can board the gondola
Other practical information
- Comfortable, light clothing and sports shoes (rubber soles) are recommended; you can also row barefoot or in socks. In particular, a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and mosquito repellent are recommended during the warmer months.
- Mira is the starting point and also the finishing point of the excursion. The meeting point will be communicated precisely at the time of booking.
- In addition to Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, it is possible to request the experience on another day of the week, subject to at least 48 hours’ notice.
- The activity is suitable for ages 14 and over; minors must always be accompanied by an adult.
- During the activity, on request, stops can be made for visits to villas along the route; entrance fees are not included and a separate quotation must be requested.
Experience from mid-April to mid-October.
- from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (from Thursday to Sunday)
Included / Excluded
- tour and course according to description
- what is not indicated under “included
- In case of cancellation up to 72 hours before the excursion, a cancellation fee of 20% of the agreed price is charged.
- In the case of cancellation 72 hours to 24 hours before the excursion, a cancellation fee of 60% of the agreed price is charged.
- For later cancellations and in the case of NO-SHOW (i.e. not being present at the agreed time and location for the start of the experience) there is no refund.
from Thursday to Sunday
approximately 1 hour
- Child Friendly
Come and learn to row in the venetian way along the Naviglio del Brenta (Brenta Vecchia), the ancient bed of the river Brenta.
You can choose to enjoy this scenic tour aboard a gondola in absolute relaxation and then … you can also decide to put yourself to the test and learn to row.
Accompanied by a qualified and certified instructor, in complete safety, you will discover how you can row a gondola while standing and looking forward.
You will learn this centuries-old technique called Venetian rowing while navigating the tranquil waters of the Naviglio Brenta. The landscape has always bewitched and inspired those who sailed through it; this was also the case for many poets, writers and artists such as Goethe, Goldoni and Casanova.
The Doges of the ancient Serenissima Republic and the great Venetian nobility elected this place as their favourite holiday resort and built some of their most beautiful villas here.
Brenta Riviera tours: an excursion in gondola along the Brenta Canal
Venice, the city on water par excellence, was born thanks to the transport of goods and people by means of rowing and sailing boats. Before the use of the motor, in modern times, the Venetian way to row was known to anyone who roamed the lagoon canals as well as the rivers and inland waters.
Rowing is still practised today as a sport and pastime suitable for everyone: young and old.
How the Brenta river tour is run
This gondola tour along the ancient Brenta riverbed offers you two excellent opportunities: you can enjoy the entire excursion in complete relaxation aboard the gondola, but you can also choose to try rowing safely for as long as you like.
Just for that, this excursion with Venetian rowing course begins with a theoretical introduction, a brief description of Venetian rowing, and a few stories about the history of this incredible waterway and the villas on it.
Before taking to the water, we will do a shore test. We will see together how to grip the oar, what a forcola looks like, and what the main characteristics of a Venetian rowing boat are. The activities we propose are all tailor-made.
Once on the water we will get into the swing of things and start rowing together! Always accompanied by your instructor, you will learn how to use an oar, the correct body posture and the technical gesture to ‘stay’ in the forcola. The instructor will be at the stern and you will row in the ‘provin’ position.
The waters are calm and safe; the trip is fun and relaxing! You can even get your better half on board, who can enjoy the view from the comfort of the gondola.
You can also choose to row with your friends at the same time; up to four people can board the gondola. Test your skills to see who is the most talented gondolier.
Excursion route and duration
We will set off on an excursion from Mira Porte in the direction of Oriago and then return to our starting point. The tour lasts about 1 hour; we will admire from the water the locks of Mira Porte and some wonderful noble residences such as Villa Widmann, the Barchesse of Villa Valmarana, Villa Valier and Villa Querini Stampalia.
Would you like to celebrate your private event with us?
Are you fascinated by our historic boats? If you want to celebrate an anniversary with your better half or even better, if you want to enrich your wedding day with a gondola ride, we are here for you!
The gondola is adorned for the occasion with the traditional ‘parecio’, an elegant and refined decoration for a truly unique and unforgettable experience.
Anniversary on a gondola at sunset
An anniversary is always a special moment to celebrate; this year celebrate it on board our gondola prepared for the occasion. Set off just before sunset while sipping a romantic aperitif and return when the evening lights reflect on the water.
Gondola tour on your wedding day
Treat yourself to a gondola tour on one of the most important days of your life. The gondola is prepared with dedicated decorations and the service is fully customisable; you decide on the time, of course.