Canyoning Italy: discover Val Maggiore
The Val Maggiore is the most exciting canyon of the Italy in the Dolomites in Veneto region! Deep basins to dive into, mountain slides and waterfalls: a real aquatic park for the enjoyment of young and old alike!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- It’s a unique opportunity to discover the bautiful landscape of the Dolomite mountains!
- Follow a route which leads you through great waterfalls and pools to dive in!
- Enjoy a fun day out into the mountain nature.
- adults (15 years and over): € 80/ price per person
- children (12 to 14 years): € 60/ price per person
Other practical information
- Experience guaranteed for 4 to 8 people per guide
- Experience suitable for everyone; it is sufficient to have a minimum of confidence in the water. There are no compulsory dives in this canyon.
- Experience not recommended for those suffering from vertigo
- Experience suitable for children from 12 years of age and for adults.
- It is necessary to send the guides the weight and height of each participant for the size of the wetsuits.
- Please inform the guide of any physical problems, allergies or other.
- Summer sportswear is required and participants are asked to bring a swimming costume already worn, a towel, a change of underwear, sneakers or light trekking shoes (that will get wet, in addition to their own – no boots), a plastic bag for wet clothes, contact lenses if they have marked sight problems.
Included / Excluded
- accompanying Alpine Guide specialized in canyoning;
- liability insurance;
- technical equipment (Climbing helmet, harness complete with longes, carabiners and descender; wetsuit (min. 5mm, suitable for this activity) and Canyoning neoprene socks, floating jacket if needed).
- Introductory briefing
- Group photo
- transfer for the activity
- Personalized photo shooting (group photos will be taken)
- Food and beverages
- Hot shower – it is possible to take a cold shower on the sports field
- anything not expressly mentioned under ‘Included’.
- In the event of cancellation up to 24 hours before the experience, a 20% penalty will be withheld.
In case of cancellation in the last 24 hours before the experience and in case of No Show there is no refund.
- The guide has the right to cancel or interrupt the outing if he judges, in his sole opinion, that the weather conditions are prohibitive for the continuation of the outing. In this case, the experience will be postponed to another date to be defined or refunded with a 10% deduction.
- Please note that in prolonged periods of no precipitation, the canyon may not be accessible due to a lack of water.
from May to 15 November on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays - at 9 a.m. or 2 p.m.
- Child Friendly
If you are looking for a canyoning experience in Veneto, a canyoning tour in nevegal is the ultimate! Canyoning is an adrenaline filled activity for those who enjoy a challenge, but Val Maggiore will give you much more! Book your canyoning trip in Nevegal now!
Canyoning Italy – Why the Dolomites?
Firstly the stunning landscape of the Dolomites is an incredible backdrop for this. You will see rolling hills in the distance, along with vineyards and green meadows that surround ancient settlements and walled villages. The countryside of Val Maggiore is charming. When you are descending the walls of the mountain, with our Canyoning Nevegal tour you will arrive directly on the shores of Lake Santa Croce.
Canyoning Italy – Do you know why the Nevegal is called this?
Mount Nevegal (neve= snow + gal= rooster in local dialect) intakes its name from the play of light and shadows that alternate on the mountain. The always snow-capped peak looks towards Belluno, but looking at the mountain in profile you can see the sun rising at dawn Hence the commonality with the rooster!
Canyoning Veneto – Your day in Val Maggiore
Experience the canyon of the Nevegal and descend the walls of the mountain! Canyon Nevegal is one of the most special routes in Veneto, and also one of the most beautiful! The route of this breathtaking descent will take you into a gorge of unique beauty, between rocks shaped by water and glittering natural pools.This route features sedimentary rocks typical of the Nevegal area, with a succession of pools and water slides, waterfalls of 25 meters and jumps of up to 7.6 meters.
The succession of drops and pools is amazing! You can choose your style of descent. Do you want to slide down the mountain or rappel with the ropes into the void? A thrilling thing to do!
At each step you will discover unique beauties, such as the famous hole in the rock that you will see along the way, blooms of fragrant cyclamens or the magnificent waterfalls. All embedded in a landscape of striated white rock that transports you into the world of fairy tales.
- You must be able to swim and dive underwater (no dive of more than a metre is required)
- Total difference in height: 380 mt
- Difficulty: medium, suitable for everyone, even first experience, BUT with optional “variants” that make it of a higher level such as autonomous abseil of 30 meters
Canyoning Italy is at its best at Val Maggiore in the beautiful Dolomite mountains.
In Val Maggiore you will have both hours of fun and the chance to relax outdoor into the nature. This is definitely a unique experience that will allow you to live the mountain outside the ordinary paths.
You can alternate walks with refreshment breaks to taste local specialities, and visit places of great historical and natural beauty. Ready to go?
Canyoning in Veneto: what to do after Nevegal
We’re sure that once you’ve made your first canyoning trip, you’ll be looking forward to donning your wetsuit again and embarking on a new adventure.
And when you’ve become a canyoning expert, we’ll be waiting for you for a great day out with Val Zemola Canyoning, a truly suggestive but very challenging route suitable for true adventure lovers.
Or click here and discover all our Canyoning tours in the Dolomites: