Torcello Murano Burano Island tour : Full-day Venice Lagoon
Come and discover with us the wonderful lagoon of Venice and its main islands: Murano, Burano and Torcello. A 6.5 hours journey through the history of the lagoon! Join our guided tour through these unique islands, their environments and traditions.
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- The tour is longer than the average and you have the opportunity to explore extensively the islands
- Easily accessible starting points near St. Mark Square
- Departures are guaranteed on weekend from June to September!
Try our Venice Lagoon full day-tour and visit the three most famous islands of Venice. With our full-day Murano Burano island tour you will also have the opportunity to visit Torcello island. Departure is from Riva degli Schiavoni, a few minutes walk from St Mark Square and the Doges palace. This tour is longer than the average boat trip to the islands of the lagoon and is active every day during the operational period. This gives you more time to enjoy in-depth visits to the three major islands of Venice. An opportunity for a more relaxed visit at an excellent rate from 25 euros per person, with discounts for children.
Murano Burano island tour: discover the gems of the lagoon
A journey through the history, the environments and traditions of the lagoon with our guided tour to the 3 famous islands. From the Murano glass to the Buranese lace, to the legends of Torcello, you will learn about Venice as you take this exciting journey on the waters through the geography of the lagoon. The islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello are certainly worth a full-day visit and this tour is excellent value for money.
Venice Lagoon Tour : the programme
10.15 am boarding at 10 am at Piazale Roma (Fondamento Santa Lucia)
11.00 am boarding at Cornoldi Palace for the island of Murano – stop of about 1 h 30 min., visit in a glass shop
1.00pm departure from Murano to Burano – stop about 2 hours (time for lunch)
3.30pm departure for Torcello – stop of about 1 hour.
5.45 pm. Arrival at St. Mark (Cornoldi). End of the trip. The return to Piazzale Roma is not available.
The tour includes:
- Boat excursion lasting about 6 hours and 30 minutes, with a stop on the main islands of Venice
- A guide on board the boat, who will speak English, Italian, German, French and Spanish.
- Entrance to a glass factory in Murano with the demonstration of a master glassmaker.
- Please note that the entrance ticket to the Cathedral in Torcello is not included, the entrance ticket costs € 5.00 per person.
The duration of the tour is longer than the average! The 6 hours and 30 minutes gives you the opportunity to enjoy a good lunch in Burano Island or to spend time to an in-depth visit of the island. The 1.5 hour break in Murano gives you the opportunity to enjoy a glass demonstration and discover the island with a relaxed walk.
Venice lagoon Tour – when can you go?
The tour is operational from June to end of September.
The departure is on friday, saturday and sunday, unless the weather conditions prevent it. In this case the ticket for the excursion will be refunded or the reservation could be postponed to another date.
Murano Burano Islands tour with Torcello: meeting point
The meeting point for the full-day tour of Murano, Burano and Torcello:
- Piazzale Roma, Fondamenta Santa Lucia
- Riva degli Schiavoni – at Cornoldi Palace. Recognizing it is easy: from St.Mark’s Square, leave the Doge Palace on your left and walk along the splendid Riva degli Schiavoni, with its breathtaking view of the St. Mark Basin. From here you will have to walk about 500 meters crossing four bridge (after san zaccaria pietà waterbus spot).
What to see in Murano, Burano and Torcello
Island by island, let’s see in detail what to see in Murano, Burano and Torcello.
Murano known as the capital of glass, has seen here arise one of the oldest known glass districts. There are traces of its existence from the XIII century, when the Serenissima decided to move the glass production on the island to avoid the danger of fires in Venice. During a visit to Murano it is therefore ideal to enter the glass furnaces and see the master glassmakers at work. During the tour you will witness a demonstration of Murano glass blowing and you will discover all the peculiarities of this unique art product in the world. Leaving the furnace, we suggest you reach the center of the island and the beautiful Basilica of Saints Mary and Donato. In your walk it is likely that you will also cross the romantic Streetlights in Love, a mecca of lovers of the island.
Burano is instead known for its colored houses and exceptional lace. Burano lace was once a commodity worthy of kings and today it is nearly no longer produced because of the out-of-scale costs. However, you will find some lace makers working at lace making in some point of sale on the island, or just sitting outside of their home. It is certainly worthwhile to deepen the history of Burano lace by visiting the Lace Museum. Thanks to the two-hour stop in Burano you will be able to immerse yourself in its rainbow of colors with no rush. A point of interest for the visit is also the Church of San Martino, where the relics of Santa Barbara are kept.
Finally, Torcello, the oldest of the Venetian settlements and the ancient fulcrum of Venetian “civilization” in the lagoon, before the rise of Venice. In Torcello, a small green island inhabited by only 12 people, it is worth visiting the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, built in the XII century, with its splendid Byzantine mosaics. Not far away are the Church of Santa Fosca and the legendary Throne of Attila.
Are you interested in other boat tours in the lagoon? Here are some ideas:
- Murano and Burano: half day morning tour
- Murano, Burano and Torcello: half day afternoon tour
- Punta Sabbioni to Burano, Murano, Torcello island tour
- Venetian lagoon: personalized excursions on ecological boats
- Child Friendly
- Accessible with public transport
Adults: € 25,00
Children: (4 – 10 years): € 15,00
Infants: (0 – 3 years) FREE
Each day. The tour is operational from 13th June to 11th November
Included / Excluded
- Boat trip lasting about 6.5 hours with stops in the main islands of Venice (Murano, Burano and Torcello)
- A guide on board the boat, who speaks English,Italian, German, French and Spanish
- Visit to a glass factory in Murano with demonstration of a master glassmaker
- Entrance ticket to the Basilicain Torcello (the entrance costs € 5.00 per person).
- Anything else not listed in the ‘included’ section
In case of cancellation and NO-SHOW (i.e. no show at the time and place indicated for boarding) there is no refund.
With a minimum of 24 hours notice the date of use of the ticket can be postponed to another date.
In case of bad weather or exceptions that do not allow the tour, the experience will be postponed or refunded 100% at the discretion of the user.
Other practical information
06/09/20 return to Fondamenta Nuove (due to Historical Regatta)
20/09/20 NO TORCELLO (due to Regatta of Burano)
The program may vary caused by public events blocking the navigation.
NO RETURN TO PIAZZALE ROMA. THE TOUR FINISH IN CORNOLDI.
Meeting Point EN
Do you want to know more or check availability?