Festival Redentore Venice 2022 – July 16th Boat Party
La festa del redentore is the most beloved Venice events for Venetians. It takes place every third weekend of July to celebrate the end of the terrible plague by the intervention of the Christ Redeemer.
Fireworks are thrown from the Giudecca canal above the st mark s basin. The most beautiful way to experience the Redentore in Venice is on a boat: the best view to see the fireworks display but above all a splendid way to have a boat party with Venice in the background!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- The best view possible on the late night fireworks
- Boarding at Tronchetto is convenient for everyone, both for those arriving from the historical center of Venice (reachable by vaporetto line 2) and for those arriving from the mainland with the possibility of parking right there!
- The cruise party include buffet dinner with DJ set from the beginning of the evening.
- This year Redentore 2022 recovers a special meaning after the Covid-19 pandemic.
- EARLY BIRDS: 95€ PRIMI 80 TICKETS SOLD OUT!
- PARTY DALLE 19:00 ALLE 00:30 110€ (open bar fino alle 00:30- buffet)
- PARTY DALLE 19:00 ALLE 04:30 140€ (open bar fino alle 00:30- buffet- ingresso after-party+ 1 drink incluso)
Other practical information
- The event may have changes in the program if the Covid-19 regulations require certain restrictions
- People who decide to get off the boat during the docking at Riva Degli Schiavoni will not be able to get back on board.
Included / Excluded
- buffet dinner and drinks (wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks)
What is not listed in the included section.
EVENT CONFIRMED EVEN IN CASE OF RAIN !
CANCELLATION POLICIES: Once the booking has been confirmed, no refunds will be given. Due to the high number of requests for the event in question, we are forced to establish very strict cancellation policies, which do not provide any refund in case of cancellation. In case of prolonged quarantine and consequent cancellation of the event for Covid-19 related reasons, the ticket will be fully refunded.
Saturday 16th of July 2022
If these past couple of years were unprecedented for many of us, the city of Venice had a feeling of déjà vu. Redeemer’s Day celebrates the end of the most terrible pandemic Venice has ever know, and it took a divine intervention to come to an end.
Every year, the Venetians gather to remember this divine intervention and give their gratitude to their savior: the Christ Redeemer.
This is the biggest festival in Venice, and you can join the party ! Just one thing : you are going to need boat !
Festival Redentore Venice Boat Party 2022
We will navigate on the Venice lagoon in a double-Decker boat. Buffets, cocktails and the best Venetian DJ’s will accompany you during the evening. You will enjoy an idyllic panorama to admire the typical fireworks in the Saint Mark basin.
Boarding will begin at 7 p.m. so we can be ready to leave by 7.30 p.m. towards the San Marco basin. We will be positioned in the first stalls to admire the fireworks. Fireworks are drawn at 11.30 pm and the show lasts 40 minutes. The deck of a boat is definitely the best view you can have !
Between half past midnight and one o’clock, we will dock at Riva degli Schiavoni to let those who want to leave early or those who prefer to get off in the center of Venice. We will continue the party in the lagoon until late at night. The possibilities of parties in Venice are not so many (and yes the city offers only one Nightclub)… nothing better than partying on a boat! You can go wild on the dancefloor until 4.30 am.
Redentore 2022 program and menu
- 19H: Boarding at Tronchetto
- 19H30 – 20H30 : Welcome drink
- 21H00 – 22H30 : Buffet dinner with wine, beer and soft drinks
- 22H30: The dance floor is waiting for you with an open bar
- 23H30 : Fireworks show
- 00H45: Mooring in Riva Degli Schiavoni. Who wants to finish the party can get off.
- 1H : DJ set house music
- 4H30: Final stop at Tronchetto
DRESSCODE : SMART ELEGANT
Festival Redentore 2022 MENU
COCKTAIL, PROSECCO, BEER AND NON-ALCOHOLIC INCLUDED
homemade meat and vegetable balls *
mixed fried: mozzarella *, ascolane olives, potato croquettes *
couscous with vegetables**
pizzas * and pretzels **
spring lasagna *
potato skewers **
Reedemer festival, what is it?
What is celebrated on the Redentore Day? To understand this, we must go back to 1575 and 1576. Venice was in the middle of a plague pandemic that had already killed 50,000 people, including the famous painter Titian.
The Venetian Senate did not know what to do, and ended up asking for a divine intervention! It was decided to build a church on the island of the Guidecca to prove the devotion of the city to Christ: the Church of the Redeemer (by Andrea Palladio).
On July 21, 1577, the end of the pandemic was celebrated. The Venetians reaffirmed their devotion and thanked Christ the Redeemer with a procession. To cross the Giudecca canal and reach the Church of the Redeemer still under construction, a temporary bridge made of boats was created for the first time.
For almost five centuries, the Feast of the Redeemer has been commemorated and celebrated every year during a weekend full of emotions! The Venetians go out in boats, in typical Venetian boats such as the “sanpierota” or the “sandolo“. The temporary bridge is recreated for the occasion and allows to cross the canal to get to the church.
You didn’t find what you were looking for ? Check the following posts :
- “Redentore” VIP party with a seated dinner
- More information on “Redentore” 2022