Fest Redeemer Venice: Redentore festival 2021 – July 17th
La festa del redentore is the most beloved Venice events for Venetians. It takes place every third weekend of July to celebrate the end of the terrible plague by the intervention of the Christ Redeemer.
Fireworks are thrown from the Giudecca canal above the st mark s basin. The most beautiful way to experience the Redentore in Venice is on a boat: the best view to see the fireworks display but above all a splendid way to have a boat party with Venice in the background!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- The best view possible on the late night fireworks
- Boarding at Tronchetto is convenient for everyone, both for those arriving from the historical center of Venice (reachable by vaporetto line 2) and for those arriving from the mainland with the possibility of parking right there!
- The cruise party include buffet dinner with DJ set from the beginning of the evening.
- This year Redentore 2021 recovers a special meaning after the Covid-19 pandemic.
If all goes well, by July we should be able to regain our freedom and finally be freed from the weight of this health crisis due to the Covid-19 Virus.
If these difficult years are unprecedented for many of us, the city of Venice has a feeling of déjà vu… And all epidemics have finally passed…
Yes, Redeemer’s Day celebrates the end of the pandemic and reminds us that history repeats itself…
Welcome aboard to celebrate a new beginning!
Redeemer Boat Party 2021
We will navigate on the Venice lagoon in a double-Decker boat. Buffets, cocktails and the best Venetian DJ’s will accompany you during the evening. You will enjoy an idyllic panorama to admire the typical fireworks in the Saint Mark basin.
Boarding will begin at 7 p.m. so we can be ready to leave by 7.30 p.m. towards the San Marco basin. We will be positioned in the first stalls to admire the fireworks. Fireworks are drawn at 11.30 pm and the show lasts 40 minutes. The deck of a boat is definitely the best view you can have !
Between half past midnight and one o’clock, we will dock at Riva degli Schiavoni to let those who want to leave early or those who prefer to get off in the center of Venice. We will continue the party in the lagoon until late at night. The possibilities of parties in Venice are not so many (and yes the city offers only one Nightclub)… nothing better than partying on a boat! You can go wild on the dancefloor until 3 am.
Redeemer 2021 program and menu
- 19H: Boarding at Tronchetto
- 19H30 – 20H30 : Welcome drink
- 21H00 – 22H30 : Buffet dinner with wine, beer and soft drinks
- 22H00: The dance floor is waiting for you with an open bar
- 23H30 : Fireworks show
- 00H45: Mooring in Riva Degli Schiavoni. Who wants to finish the party can get off.
- 1H : non-stop sailing party
- 3H: Final stop at Tronchetto
Redeemer MENU 2021
Spritz and Prosecco
fresh summer snacks and appetizers
Fresh rice salad
Mixed homemade“focacce” seasoned with local products
Traditional mixed fried finger food
Sandwiches with Italian cold cuts and cheese
Mixed Venetian Cicchetti
Mixed fresh fruit
Reedemer festival, what is it?
What is celebrated on the Redentore Day? To understand this, we must go back to 1575 and 1576. Venice was in the middle of a plague pandemic that had already killed 50,000 people, including the famous painter Titian.
The Venetian Senate did not know what to do, and ended up asking for a divine intervention! It was decided to build a church on the island of the Guidecca to prove the devotion of the city to Christ: the Church of the Redeemer (by Andrea Palladio).
On July 21, 1577, the end of the pandemic was celebrated. The Venetians reaffirmed their devotion and thanked Christ the Redeemer with a procession. To cross the Giudecca canal and reach the Church of the Redeemer still under construction, a temporary bridge made of boats was created for the first time.
For almost five centuries, the Feast of the Redeemer has been commemorated and celebrated every year during a weekend full of emotions! The Venetians go out in boats, in typical Venetian boats such as the “sanpierota” or the “sandolo“. The temporary bridge is recreated for the occasion and allows to cross the canal to get to the church.
You didn’t find what you were looking for ? Check the following posts :
Redeemer Boat Party with dinner
From 7 pm- buffet, open bar and DJ set
- Normal rate 130,00€
- Promo price for the first 100 members 95,00 €
- Discount for groups of more than 5 people 95,00 €
Saturday 17th of July 2021
Included / Excluded
- buffet dinner and drinks (wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks)
What is not listed in the included section.
EVENT CONFIRMED EVEN IN CASE OF RAIN !
CANCELLATION POLICIES: Once the booking has been confirmed, no refunds will be given. Due to the high number of requests for the event in question, we are forced to establish very strict cancellation policies, which do not provide any refund in case of cancellation. In case of prolonged quarantine and consequent cancellation of the event for Covid-19 related reasons, the ticket will be fully refunded.
Other practical information
- The event may have changes in the program if the Covid-19 regulations require certain restrictions
- People who decide to get off the boat during the docking at Riva Degli Schiavoni will not be able to get back on board.
Meeting Point EN
Do you want to know more or check availability?