Venice walking tour: choose the most suitable for you!
The best way to visit some of the must see in Venice is surely by foot! Then, why not take advantage of the opportunity to join one of our walking tours of Venice? Discover the history of Venice related to its monuments, some of which are among the most famous in the world, while others are hidden gems which not many visitors are lucky enough to see.
From St. Mark’s square we will follow the maze of calli and campielli and discover amazing views in the heart of Venice. Follow the guide and explore the magic world of the venetians through our 3 differents group tours!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- A walking tour is the best way to discover Venice ! Don’t forget your camera !
- Passionate and knowledgeable local guides who truly convey their love for the real Venice and its people.
- 3 different departure times per day !
Discover the treasures of Venice in the company of expert and passionate guides! Take advantage of group tours at any time of the year! Your guide will accompany you on this tour of Venice to discover places of interest and the city’s hidden treasures! Beginning in St Mark s square area, you would not miss st marks basilica and the umissibile spots!
We propose 3 different guided tours:
- Morning Guided tour at 9.00 am: the 1600 years of Venice (duration 1.30 hours). Monolingual tour in English. 26€
- Secret Venice (duration 1.15 hours). Monolingual tour in Italian 3.45pm. 23€
- Historical tour of Venice (duration 2 hours), Bilingual Italian-English. It has several departure times each day. 20€
The 1600 years of Venice morning walking tour
A classic and essential tour to understand the history of Venice! The visit is only in english and is very much appreciated! A passionate guide will accompany you through the 1600 years of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the most important episodes of this unique city. Here is the route:
- St. Mark’s Square complex, overlooked by the world-famous St. Mark’s Basilica, the Clock Tower, the mighty Bell Tower, the elegant Procuratie and a little further on, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs. All around the square is a labyrinth of calli and callette, campi and campielli that hide, set like precious gems, superb palaces and refined monumental churches.
- Santa Maria Formosa .
- Campo San Giovanni e Paolo, the Scuola Grande di Carità.
- Marco Polo House and Malibran Theatre
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, the city’s main shopping street.
At the end of the tour you can choose to attend a free glass-melting demonstration very close to St Mark’s Square (about 20 minutes).
- Duration: 1.30 am
Rate: 26€ per person, free under 6 years old
Departure and return: San Marco
Secret Venice walking tour : dive in the venetian world
Immerse yourself in the Venetian atmosphere, experience the local life along its narrow alleys and peaceful canals while learning of the city on the water’s traditions and anecdotes. Discover Venice and the story of its most famous monuments with our knowledgeable guides.
Get away from the overcrowded places and discover the out-of-the-way streets of an authentic Venice! Your guide will take you through the labyrinth of Venetian calli, known only to the locals. From San Marco to Rialto, discover Venice’s hidden gems such as the Church of San Giacometto (circa 1200 AD), the breathtaking “Scala del Bovolo”, a splendid spiral staircase that belonged to one of Venice’s richest families. Don’t miss the Fenice Opera House, where Verdi and many other composers performed their masterpieces.
- Lenght: 1.15 hour
- Time: 3.45 pm
- Bell Tower Sain Marks square
- 23€ per person
Historical guided tour of Venice : The best points of interest
This visit is a shared walking tour with live commentary from a guide in both italian and english. Other languages are available by audio guide. The starting point of the tour is Saint Mark square (Piazza San Marco). Learn about the history and legends linked to the most beautiful square in the world!
Then you will enter in the labyrinth of “calli” (venetian narrow streets) and discover some of the most important historical landmark such as
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa;
- the Marco Polo‘s House;
- the Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo (known as the Venetian Pantheon),
- the famous “Mercerie” (shopping street).
The last point (but not the least) is Rialto Bridge with its traditional markets and San Giacometto Church.
The Rialto area was the main commercial center of Venice Republic where merchants from all over the world, traded exotic goods.
- Departure: 10AM, 12PM, 2PM (see calendar)
- Lenght: two hours
- Bilingual: italian/english and other languages by earphones
- Meeting Point : Calle Larga Ascensione
- Ending Point : San Marco area
Feel free to contact us if you want a private walking tour! We offer day trips outside Venise, food tours, boats tours to Venice isalans, gondola ride, grand canal boat tour, guided walking private tours, water taxi reservation… Please keep reading through our website and you will find many options.
You might also be interested in:
- Child Friendly
- Accessible with public transport
Guided tour Venice celebrates its 1600 years at 09.00 am
Full price: 26€
Secret Venice Tour 3.45 pm
Full price: 23€
Free for children under 6 years old
Historical Venice tour (2 hours)
Full price: 20€
Form 1:15h to
Please refer to the booking calendar
Included / Excluded
Shared walking tour with live commentaries
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites. Being a walking tour, it will completely take place outside hence only external comments of the various sites will be provided.
For cancellations up to 24 hours before the start a cancellation fee of 20% on the tariff will apply.
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW or cancellation in the 24 hours before the experience starts.
The tour will be held in case of rain as well, whereas in case of exceptional high tide it could be cancelled and therefore completely reimbursed.
Other practical information
- Please, be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- The tour will take place also in case of rain; in case of exceptional high water the tour could be cancelled and fully refunded
- Meeting point in Piazza San Marco in Calle Larga Ascensione, SAN MARCO 1257, 30124
With reference to Legislative Decree No. 105 of July 23, 2021 and No. 40 of July 27, 2021 of the General Secretariat and the indications of the Ministry of Health, due to the epidemiological emergency from Covid19 all persons booking VISITS WITH ACCESS TO MUSEUMS will have to present at the entrance of the premises:
Green Pass (for Europeans) of at least the first dose of vaccine among those authorized by the EMA or AIFA (Comirnaty by Pfizer-BioNtech, Vaxzevria by Astrazeneca, Janssen by Johnson & Johnson and Moderna)
A negative molecular or rapid swab test done within the past 48 hours (turnaround time)
A proof of being cured of Covid19 in the previous six months
Meeting Point EN
Do you want to know more or check availability?