Venice walking tour: choose the most suitable for you!
The best way to visit some of the must see in Venice is surely by foot! Then, why not take advantage of the opportunity to join one of our walking tours of Venice? Discover the history of Venice related to its monuments, some of which are among the most famous in the world, while others are hidden gems which not many visitors are lucky enough to see.
From St. Mark’s square we will follow the maze of calli and campielli and discover amazing views in the heart of Venice. Follow the guide and explore the magic world of the venetians through our 2 deafferents group tours!
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
- A walking tour is the best way to discover Venice ! Don’t forget your camera !
- Passionate and knowledgeable local guides who truly convey their love for the real Venice and its people.
- 2 different departure times per day !
Morning Tour: 29 €/person
Afternoon Tour : 29 €/person
Free for kids up to 5 years old
Other practical information
- Please, be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- The tour will take place also in case of rain; in case of exceptional high water the tour could be cancelled and fully refunded
- Meeting point near Piazza San Marco
Included / Excluded
Shared walking tour with live commentaries
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites. Being a walking tour, it will completely take place outside hence only external comments of the various sites will be provided.
For cancellations up to 48 hours before the start a cancellation fee of 20% on the tariff will apply.
There will be no refund in case of NO-SHOW or cancellation in the 24 hours before the experience starts.
The tour will be held in case of rain as well, whereas in case of exceptional high tide it could be cancelled and therefore completely reimbursed.
Please refer to the booking calendar
From 1:15h to 1.30 hours
- Child Friendly
- Accessible with public transport
Discover the treasures of Venice in the company of expert and passionate guides! Take advantage of group tours at any time of the year! Your guide will accompany you on this tour of Venice to discover places of interest and the city’s hidden treasures! Beginning in St Mark s square area, you would not miss St Marks basilica and the umissibile spots!
We propose 2 different guided tours:
- Morning Guided walking tour at 9.00 am (duration 1.30 hours). Multilingual tour in English, French, German and Spanish.
- Secret Venice (duration 1.15 hours). Tour in English and Spanish (on Monday and Friday) and English and French (on Saturday) at 4.00 pm.
Venice morning walking tour
A classic and essential tour to understand the history of Venice! The visit is very much appreciated! A passionate guide will accompany you through the 1600 years of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the most important episodes of this unique city. Here is the route:
- St. Mark’s Square complex, overlooked by the world-famous St. Mark’s Basilica, the Clock Tower, the mighty Bell Tower, the elegant Procuratie and a little further on, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs. All around the square is a labyrinth of calli and callette, campi and campielli that hide, set like precious gems, superb palaces and refined monumental churches.
- Santa Maria Formosa .
- Campo San Giovanni e Paolo, the Scuola Grande di Carità.
- Marco Polo House and Malibran Theatre
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, the city’s main shopping street.
Time: 09.00 (lenght. 1,5 hours)
Rate: 29€ per person, free under 5 years old
Departure and return: San Marco Each day (During the period from November 5, 2023 to March 27, 2024 excluding Sunday)
Secret Venice walking tour: afternoon walking tour (from April to November 5 )
Immerse yourself in the Venetian atmosphere, experience the local life along its narrow alleys and peaceful canals while learning of the city on the water’s traditions and anecdotes. Discover Venice and the story of its most famous monuments with our knowledgeable guides.
Get away from the overcrowded places and discover the out-of-the-way streets of an authentic Venice! Your guide will take you through the labyrinth of Venetian calli, known only to the locals. From San Marco to Rialto, discover Venice’s hidden gems such as the Church of San Giacometto (circa 1200 AD), the breathtaking “Scala del Bovolo”, a splendid spiral staircase that belonged to one of Venice’s richest families. Don’t miss the Fenice Opera House, where Verdi and many other composers performed their masterpieces.
- Lenght: 1.15 hour
- Time: 4.00 pm
- Departure and return: San Marco on Saturday
- 29€ per person
Guided tours in Venice: the passion of the guides is contagious …
A guided tour in Venice allows you to immerse yourself in the exceptional Venetian heritage, listening to the story of past stories, anecdotes and curiosities! Some of the monuments you will encounter are known all over the world, others are hidden from the gaze of visitors but every place in Venice has something to tell.
This is why a scheduled visit with a guide is undoubtedly an ideal activity to discover Venice:
- you will have the certainty of seeing the most deserving places of art;
- you will be accompanied by interesting historical explanations and stories;
- it will provide you with the basics to better understand the city and then discover it independently by losing yourself in the labyrinth of the streets of the historic center!
Feel free to contact us if you want a private walking tour! We offer day trips outside Venice, food tours, boats tours to Venice islands, gondola ride, grand canal boat tour, guided walking private tours, water taxi reservation… Please keep reading through our website and you will find many options.
You might also be interested in: