Venice Carnival Outfits: 24h Rental
Our large choice of Venetian Carnival fancy dresses and outfits of the eighteenth century comes with all the necessary accessories. Clothes are hand-sewn in our workshop where fabrics are carefully chosen and great attention is given to details.
WHY DID WE LIKE THIS EXPERIENCE SO MUCH?
Embrace Venetian history by wearing haute couture fancy dress
Our costume atelier is at your disposal with hundreds of unique handmade pieces
Every costume is custom fitted… The best way to prepare you for the magic of Venice Carnival!
Experience the Carnival of Venice as it should be, that is to say by wearing a Venice Carnival outfit, a Venetian mask and by playing the role of a traditional Venetian character ! Our Venice Carnival Costumes
represent characters dating back as far as the 16th century, and are faithful historical reproductions.
This offer only shows you some of the Venice Carnival costumes available. Request the complete catalogue to view online!
Types of costumes you can hire
We are in fact able to offer various types of costumes, including:
- “La Commedia dell’Arte“: Includes the costumes of Italian theater tradition characters that are typical of Carlo Goldoni.
Each character in Commedia dell’arte is distinctly different, and defined by their movement, actions, masks, and costumes. These costumes showed their social status and background. Some of the most well known characters are Il Dottore (the doctor) Harlequin, Pierrot, Columbina and Scaramouche!
- “Historical“: These costumes represent the way Venetians dressed over time, century after century, all details are historically accurate.
- “Venice in the 18th century“: The peak of Venice’s splendor and of its Carnival. These spectacular outfits will allow you to take on the role of a person of substance from a past century!
- “Fantasy”: The art of disguise – transform yourself with a masquerade mask and embody the Carnival’s tradition of secrecy and pleasure!.
The service that we offer is not limited to the rental of special outfits, but it is a unique experience. In fact, you will be welcomed at the Atelier to have a customized service and will be truly pampered while choosing which splendid dress to wear for your masquerade ball or parade!
Venetian Outfits: selection and measures
Interested in renting a costume? Here’s how to proceed: send us a request, we will then provide you with a form to fill in with your measurements (chest, waist, arms, legs … as you can see you have to go into details!). Meanwhile, we will send you the references to browse our complete catalogue, so you can choose the costumes you like and that best suit your needs. We will match your measurements with the items of your preference that are available in the atelier and you will be able to choose your outfit.
Once in Venice you will try your outfit on in the atelier, where the smallest details will be fixed for the costume to fit you perfectly. However, if at that point you happen to spot a costume that intrigues you more and want to change your rental, there will be no problem at all!
How much does it cost to rent Venetian costumes?
Every garment in our atelier is handmade and a unique piece. The price range to rent a Venetian costume for 24h goes from a minimum of 110 euro to a maximum of 488 euro, net of VAT.
A deposit of 50 euro is required to take an option on the costume you choose. The remainder of the tariff is to be paid at the try-on session at the atelier.
Venice Carnival Outfits – Tips for your rental experience:
- If you are looking for a costume for Venice Carnival do not wait until the last moment! Costumes are booked months in advance to participate in Carnival Balls and we easily run out of outfits on those dates.
- Carnival is the period with most try-on sessions as well. The same principle applies here too: first come first served with try-on appointments!
- If you’d like to request delivery and collection of the costume at your accommodation, please let us know in advance so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
- Would you like to visit the atelier? Contact Us!
After choosing your costume, you will be able to reserve it by paying a deposit through our portal.
Upon your arrival at the workshop for pickup, should you prefer another outfit, you will be able to change your reservation.
- Prices start from 200 Euro and go to 600 Euro depending on the costume.
- Please have a look at the provided pictures of outfits to get an idea of their price. Let us remind you that each and every outfit is hand-made and therefore unique, so reserve yours as soon as possible to ensure its availability.
- Discount up to 50% applies for subsequent days rental.
A 50 euro online deposit is required. The remaining amount will be paid at the shop.
Venetian Costumes rental is available on request all year round to realize amazing Photoshoots in Venice Italy. A photoshoot could be the perfect souvenir for your trip in Venice! Follow this link for other Venice Carnival Costume Rental options as well.
Moreover, it is possible to take guided tours in the atelier of costumes and masks face to face with the artisans. Discover all the secrets of these craft products and travel through centuries of Venetian history with Venice Masquerade Costumes
- Child Friendly
Prices range from 200 Euro to 600 Euro for the first 24 hr rental. Discount up to 50% for subsequent days.
A 50 euro deposit is required when optioning the costume. The rest is to be paid at the atelier at the try-on session.
Included / Excluded
Venice costume rental.
Mask and accessories.
There will be no refund should you cancel the rental.
There will be no refund in case of a NO SHOW, i.e. not attending the experience at the time and place agreed for the experience to be carried out.
Other practical information
Please remember that each and every outfit is hand-made unique piece, so reserve yours as soon as possible to ensure its availability.
Meeting Point EN
Contact & Booking
Do you want to know more or check availability?